Re: desktop schemas review [was: Re: GSettings migration status]
- From: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- To: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME menubar gnome org, Christian Persch <chpe gnome org>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Desktop menubar gnome org
- Subject: Re: desktop schemas review [was: Re: GSettings migration status]
- Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:43:03 -0400
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 15:15 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> But if you provide an API with GFile, I suppose people will
> expect to be able to hand it all sorts of GFiles, so storing
> the URI would be preferable.
I think this is getting ridiculous.
As it stands, I made recent modifications to GVariant, adding support
for 'bytestring's (which are arrays of bytes 'ay') and 'bytestring
GVariant * g_settings_new_bytestring (const gchar *);
const gchar * g_settings_get_bytestring (GVariant *);
There's currently no GSettings convenience API for those, but I could
add it if there are requests.
I doubt I will ever add an API for GFile. Storing a filename into
GSettings isn't done *that* often, and when it is done there are clearly
very different ideas about the way it should be done.
] [Thread Prev