Re: desktop schemas review [was: Re: GSettings migration status]
- From: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- To: Christian Persch <chpe gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: desktop schemas review [was: Re: GSettings migration status]
- Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:25:04 -0400
On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 13:37 +0200, Christian Persch wrote:
> This is a common error. Filenames need to be stored as "ay" and *NOT*
> "s" (since "s" is UTF-8). (I think this needs some enhancement in
> glib-compile-schemas to be able to still put a string in <default>.)
I'm not sure I buy into your hardline stance on this one.
I think it's not unreasonable to require that all filenames specified in
the settings be in a valid encoding (whatever that encoding is) on their
own filesystem (where "in a valid encoding" means "converts correctly to
and from unicode"). In that case, utf8 is appropriate here.
] [Thread Prev