Re: desktop schemas review [was: Re: GSettings migration status]

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 13:37 +0200, Christian Persch wrote:
> This is a common error. Filenames need to be stored as "ay" and *NOT*
> "s" (since "s" is UTF-8). (I think this needs some enhancement in
> glib-compile-schemas to be able to still put a string in <default>.)

I'm not sure I buy into your hardline stance on this one.

I think it's not unreasonable to require that all filenames specified in
the settings be in a valid encoding (whatever that encoding is) on their
own filesystem (where "in a valid encoding" means "converts correctly to
and from unicode").  In that case, utf8 is appropriate here.

Cheers