Re: Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<carlosgc gnome org> wrote:
> If I couldn't use gnome-shell, I
> would still want to upgrade all other modules to 3.0 and use a
> fallback mode without loosing the weather applet, for example.

The standard answer here seems to be:

--
You may lose features in 3.0 *with* gnome-shell, and you may lose even
more features in 3.0 *without* gnome-shell.  These features will take

Folks who don't want to lose features like this should hold off on upgrading.
--

This is paraphrasing what I've read from Jon McCann and others,
hopefully without putting words in their mouths, and makes sense to

Sandy