Re: Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 28.12.2010, 15:44 -0800 schrieb Sriram Ramkrishna:

> I have the perception that information on what all is going on is
> getting lost in the noise.  What is the canonical point where
> information on this stuff need to flow to?  Seems to me you need to
> pick someone or maybe two to handle all the details, parse, and then
> communicate.

I think there are few people that expect that everything will be
explained to them which is not the case and won't ever be. For now,
GNOME 3 is nothing the end-user should care about.

Sometimes the question "Why?" will remain because design and even
careful design is subject to personal preference. This question cannot
always be answered though most of it should be covered somewhere.

When we reach UI/feature freeze I am pretty sure a bunch of people will
sit down and write detailed release notes that cover all the points that
people need to know when updating. This information will be there when
the release happens but cannot be there yet because there are a lot of
things we currently cannot be sure about. The state of the 3D drivers
might be one of them.

Regards,
Johannes