Re: Update of libchamplain version in external dependencies

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 06:46, Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com> wrote:
> On Thu 19 Aug 2010 13:09, Jiří Techet <techet gmail com> writes:
>
>> right now libchamplain has the version number as a part of its name,
>> e.g. libchamplain-0.7.so.
>
> If you encode a version into the name, use the stable version. If 0.7 is
> a stable series, use -0.7 in the name. Otherwise if it is a development
> series, use 0.8 or whatever the next stable series will be -- as GTK+
> does.

So does it mean I should use 0.8 in the name even for the development
0.7 releases? I can do that even though it's a bit unusual (but
probably practical). I just took over the numbering scheme the
previous maintainer used which I think was inspired by clutter's 0.x
releases (the libraries were of the form libclutter-glx-0.x.so, where
odd x was a development version and even x was a stable version).

Jiri