Re: Update of libchamplain version in external dependencies

Hi Vincent,

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 15:35, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Le lundi 09 août 2010, à 15:25 +0200, Jiří Techet a écrit :
>> I'm a maintainer of the libchamplain library and I would like to ask
>> if its version number in external dependencies could be incremented to
>> the latest release. The version found in
>> gnome-external-deps-2.32.modules of jhbuild is 0.4.5. I would like if
>> the version could be incremented to 0.7.0, which is the latest
>> development version and eventually to 0.8.0 when the stable release is
>> made (which will happen in sync with gnome release schedule).
>
> Is there any big change in the dependencies of libchamplain? I've seen
> that it now depends on memphis -- is this required or optional? Has
> memphis been packaged by some distro? (this generally helps discover a
> few issues)

I forgot to mention that. The libmemphis dependency is optional.
libchamplain checks libmemphis presence during configure and enables
it when it's found. It can be explicitly disabled with
--disable-memphis - in that case only the memphis renderer is not
available, the rest of libchamplain works normally. libmemphis
packages exist for Debian and Ubuntu:

http://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/memphis
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/memphis

Apart from this there are no dependency changes in libchamplain.

Cheers,

Jiri