Re: Update of libchamplain version in external dependencies

Jiří:

On 08/ 9/10 08:54 AM, Jiří Techet wrote:
I forgot to mention that. The libmemphis dependency is optional.
libchamplain checks libmemphis presence during configure and enables
it when it's found. It can be explicitly disabled with
--disable-memphis - in that case only the memphis renderer is not
available, the rest of libchamplain works normally. libmemphis
packages exist for Debian and Ubuntu:

I understand that libmemphis is an optional dependency, but I would
be interested to have a better understanding of what libchamplain
features are enabled when it is built with libmemphis.  In other
words, what is the difference building libchamplain with and without
libmemphis?  What value does libmemphis add?

Brian