Re: Request for removing clutter in current form

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 11:24 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:

>         Or that you run into problems on some intel cards with 3D
>         composited
>         desktops and multimonitor setups.  (Due to the 2048x2048
>         problem).  Or
>         glitches in TV output.
>
> I believe that Owen Taylor, the lead developer of GNOME Shell, is
> doing his development on an older Intel card with exactly this texture
> size limitation without any issues.

if not Owen, I am definitely using a 915 with that limitation (and
others). :-)

we do have a performance drop when compositing a GL application within a
GL-based compositor under DRI2; driver developers, X developers, Clutter
developers and Mutter/GNOME Shell developers are aware of this - and we
are working towards fixing the issue - as Moblin (another user of Mutter
and much more relying on compositing Clutter-based applications) as well
as GNOME Shell will benefit from the fix.

obviously, on top of this, performance work on Clutter never stops.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,