Re: Request for removing clutter in current form

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 19:04 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> we do have a performance drop when compositing a GL application within a
> GL-based compositor under DRI2; driver developers, X developers, Clutter
> developers and Mutter/GNOME Shell developers are aware of this - and we
> are working towards fixing the issue - as Moblin (another user of Mutter
> and much more relying on compositing Clutter-based applications) as well
> as GNOME Shell will benefit from the fix.

Indeed. I benchmarked a few popular games, comparing performance between
Metacity, Compiz and Mutter. In some cases Mutter causes performance to
drop by more than half.

Besides a short mention on the gnome-shell-list[0] I haven't seen much
about this. Are there any open bug reports for those of us who want to
follow development on this?

0.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2009-August/msg00045.html

--