Re: Module proposal: dconf
- From: Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>
- To: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Module proposal: dconf
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:35:45 -0700
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 14:00 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>> if dconf listens to changes in gconf, 3rd party apps would just need to
>> link to glib/GSettings instead of libgconf, and their migration would be
>> done automatically, right?
> dconf won't be made to listen to GConf. One alternative, though, is
> that a GSettings backend could be written that uses GConf (and its
> existing database) instead of dconf. This would allow applications to
> use the new API to access their existing settings in the existing
> dconf could be brought in later.
That doesn't fix anything; it just delays an identical migration.
] [Thread Prev