Re: Module proposal: dconf
- From: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Module proposal: dconf
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:10:50 -0400
On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 14:00 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> if dconf listens to changes in gconf, 3rd party apps would just need to
> link to glib/GSettings instead of libgconf, and their migration would be
> done automatically, right?
dconf won't be made to listen to GConf. One alternative, though, is
that a GSettings backend could be written that uses GConf (and its
existing database) instead of dconf. This would allow applications to
use the new API to access their existing settings in the existing
dconf could be brought in later.
I'm not sure this makes sense. You get (some of) the benefits of the
nice new API but no performance improvements.
] [Thread Prev