Re: Window titles

On 17 Nov 2009, at 19:16, William Jon McCann wrote:

> Well, really now is the time.  We are in the process of shaping the
> user experience for 3.0.  I encourage designers from Sun, Novell,
> Canonical etc to get involved now - while there is still time.

Absolutely agree, and as you'll hopefully have seen on the usability list and elsewhere recently, there's certainly some efforts to rejuvenate some kind of semi-formal usability group to get stuck right into it.  I think we have some good ideas about how we want the HIG to evolve, just need to get started on that, and on some of the other usability activities we'd like to be doing, too.

> I've literally been begging for involvement from these companies for a year
> now.  And unfortunately, we haven't gotten much if any help yet.  I
> don't know why.

Can't speak for the others, but on my front it's simply been lack of availability :/ I've been tied up  with other Sun projects, and in non-work hours with moving house, amongst other things.

All that means I've barely even had a chance to look at gnome-shell yet, either, let alone make any meaningful contribution to any discussions about it, which is rather frustrating.  (It doesn't help that it's a bit of a pain to build and run on OpenSolaris at the moment, and that it doesn't work all that nicely on other distros running in VirtualBox, where it would be theoretically easier to play with).

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team