Branch notifications

>From http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner

  When you branch, please remember to let release-team,
  desktop-devel-list, gnome-doc-list, and gnome-i18n know.

Since the git migration, we have automatic notifications for
any branch using the standard gnome-MAJOR-MINOR scheme.  They
go out to release-team, gnome-doc-list, and gnome-i18n.

Claude (gnome-i18n) and I (gnome-doc-list) agree that the
automatic notifications are sufficient, and we don't need
the redundant manual notification.

That leaves release-team and desktop-devel-list.  I haven't
been sending my branch notification to d-d-l for a long time,
and I think most other developers don't either.  I think it's
noise on this list.

So if nobody objects, I'd like to remove the requirement to
send branch notification emails at all.  I'll replace it
with something to the effect of "Ensure that a notification
is sent to these lists.  If you use a standard branch name,
this will happen automatically.  If it doesn't, send an email
manually."

If nobody smacks me down in a few days, I'll make this change.

--
Shaun