Re: Appearance properties

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 17:00 +0200, Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
> 2009/11/10 Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>:
> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Xavier Claessens <xclaesse gmail com> wrote:
> >> What I find totally insane is to not leave the UI to change that. New
> >> settings is clearly not accepted by a large (majority?) part of users.
> >> Except ~5 devs, I see nobody happy with it.
> >
> > Um, it doesn't work that way. I'm happy with it but I'm not compelled
> > to post about it. My girlfriend is either happy about it or she
> > doesn't give a damn, she didn't post about it either. It always seems
> > as if the majority was unhappy as the unhappy ones are generally the
> > only people who write.
> >

> So because there are maybe majority of happy (and ignorant) users, we
> will ignore rather loud opposition to this change? Really nice way to
> deal with community.

so, let me get this straight: the proper way to deal with a community is
to heed to the wishes of a vocal minority?

> Google for 'PulseAudio Hate' and then maybe try to understand what
> dangerous road have GNOME project taken last two releases.

I propose a Lennart's Law, similar to Godwin's: as soon as PulseAudio is
mentioned in a thread then the person mentioning it lost the argument.

wth has PulseAudio to do with this?

>  We don't
> that luxury to waste users just because we think what we do is
> technically right.

who's "we"?

ciao,
 Emmanuele.