Re: Appearance properties

2009/11/10 Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:
> The reasons behind the move have been documented, and explanations given
> on how to get the icons back.

Bastien, I would like to have references like bugzilla bug numbers and
some study about impact of this decision. And I agree with rest that
asking people to mess with gconf or implement it in some thirty party
tool (NOT as default) is no go. It is not encryption for VNC or some
extra setting for working with dual head. This affects everyone.

So far most of discussion about this issue has been something like 'we
did it because we like it that way'. That's not a way to get
wide-spread support for such major change in user interface. Also so
far I haven't got direct answer how iconless menus helps me to find
things speedily.

Cheers,
Peter.