Re: Visible control to toggle icons in buttons
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "A. Walton" <awalton gnome org>
- Cc: Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com>, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Visible control to toggle icons in buttons
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:01:41 -0400
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:55 AM, A. Walton<awalton gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Stefan Kost<ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
> I can only echo this. On my system when the icons are gone from menus,
> the menus still
> look as if there /should/ be icons there, only they're not, which is
> really ugly.
> See http://file.status.net/identica/awalton-20090719T110853-tltvv6t.png.
> If that indenting could be fixed it probably wouldn't look so alien,
> but as it stands, it's horrible.
> I've been running a gtkrc to remove button images for ages though, so
> I really won't miss those.
I guess 'de gustibus non est disputandum', but everybody I've
discussed this with so far considered the consistent spacing
(regardless of the presence/absence of icons, toggles, checks,
whatnot) a big plus.
] [Thread Prev