Re: Visible control to toggle icons in buttons

On 22 Jul 2009, at 11:23, Luca Ferretti wrote:

As all you may know, we recently switched to a "no icons" approach in
both menus[1] and buttons[2].

Currently the Appearance capplet provides a checkbox to toggle icons in menus.

Should we (re)add a checkbox for buttons too? Maybe users that really
want icons on their buttons could appreciate more a checkbox then open
gconf-editor or run gconftool :)

Since the decision has been made to go down this route, I'd be more inclined to ask if we wanted to remove the checkbox to toggle icons in menus... but either way, I guess it would make sense to be consistent.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team