Re: Visible control to toggle icons in buttons

Calum Benson schrieb:

> On 22 Jul 2009, at 11:23, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>
>> As all you may know, we recently switched to a "no icons" approach in
>> both menus[1] and buttons[2].
>>
>> Currently the Appearance capplet provides a checkbox to toggle icons
>> in menus.
>>
>> Should we (re)add a checkbox for buttons too? Maybe users that really
>> want icons on their buttons could appreciate more a checkbox then open
>> gconf-editor or run gconftool :)
>
> Since the decision has been made to go down this route, I'd be more
> inclined to ask if we wanted to remove the checkbox to toggle icons in
> menus... but either way, I guess it would make sense to be consistent.
While I personally won't miss the icons in button too much, I like to
keep them in my menus. So please don't remove that. I seems to also have
totally missed the *discussion* that lead to the *decission* that *we*
want to remove the icons. With all due respect, I still feel like the
major advantage is that the art team has to draw less icons (I am not
saying that you are lazy, you do a great job).

Stefan