Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)
- From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek chauhan gmail com>
- To: "Jason D. Clinton" <me jasonclinton com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com>, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)
- Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:43:15 +0530
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Jason D. Clinton<me jasonclinton com> wrote:
> I am extremely grateful for all that Sun has done to move GNOME forward over
> the years--indeed much of that has benefited everyone including Linux. But,
> pardon me for pointing out the pink elephant in the room: why doesn't Sun
> just admit that (Open)Solaris is a dead-end?
b) Pointless since (Open)Solaris isn't the only non-linux platform.
*BSD are another large group.
Please, let's stay on-topic.
] [Thread Prev