Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Christian Fredrik Kalager
Schaller<uraeus gnome org> wrote:
> So I would like to ask the GNOME release team to please come forward
> and clearly state that the future of GNOME is to be a linux desktop
> system as opposed to a desktop system for any Unix-like system.

I dont think anyone wants to do that, as Matthias says we need to
pave the way for a better future, and of course you cant do that without
breaking a few eggs.

On the other hand, its possible we could do better tracking this stuff,
is there a l.g.o. page that I can visit that shows me what are the blocker
bugs in the platform for any given supported system ?

Considering that many people test out the GNOME platform on various
systems already, I wonder how much effort it would cost us to instate
a team responsible for tracking system specific bugs and then publishing
these on a wiki page, pretty much the same way we have translation
teams (a system could possibly only be "supported" when its blockers
are closed ?, while work is done "supporting" that system ?)

Cheers,
               -Tristan