Re: PyGTK global keybinding module

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Matthias
Clasen<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> Global keybindings are a scarce resource, and need to
>
> a) be used sparingly (I strongly doubt that most of the apps that
> currently copy those libtomboy parts deserve a global keybinding...)
> and

Sure, for example in hamster-applet we integrate with g-c-c keyboard
shortcuts capplet...

> b) be centrally managed. We have a relatively nice infrastructure for
> that, with the keybinding capplet. Unfortunately, all the code that is
> copied around totally ignores that, leading to ugly conflicts and
> races when several apps try to use the same key combination.

...yet we still need to actually *bind* to the key the user chose for
the action. For this we need the tomboy code. Binding and
configuration are two separate problems.

--
Patryk Zawadzki