libwnck

Hi Folks,

I'm writing an application which audits window, window name, workspace and screensaver usage. I use dbus for the screensaver and libwnck for the rest. This all works very well for me.

According to:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyseven/ExternalDependencies
libwnck is not a dependable Gnome dependency.

I appreciate that adding dependencies into Gnome is not taken lightly. From my perspective I should first look for an alternative which is already included:

So, can anyone suggest an alternative to libwnck for my needs?

best regards,
Richard