dependable libwnck

Hi folks,

I'm developing an application which current has 'libwnck' as the only external dependency which is not part of the Gnome dependable dependencies as listed on:

http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyseven/ExternalDependencies

I use it to generate an audit trail of which window, windowname and workspace has been used. I use dbus to audit screensaver events.

While I find libwnck perfect for my appliation I appreciate that adding Gnome dependencies is a task which is not embarked on lightly...

so, can someone suggest an alternative to libwnck for my purposes?

many thanks,
Richard