Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>> From what I understand, so far there has been one proposal, from Olav, who
>> proposed that he and John implement John's idea of implementing a git-serve
>> plugin for the bzr repo server.
>
>  I wonder whether you received interesting ideas in the survey itself?

All the survey responses (including all the comments, but excluding svn user
names) are out there for everyone to browse.

>  As insane as it might sound, I personally wouldn't mind each module
>  picking its VCS.  I think common tasks which random contributors need
>  to achieve can be documented for all VCS-es (checkout, do some changes
>  and commit or create a patch).  Just like various modules are using
>  various programming languages or even build systems.

This idea was discussed when the DVCS thing was brought up first.  I think
Olav was against it for sysadmin workload reasons.  Every VCS-facing service
needs to be implemented for all the supported systems and given that we don't
seem to have enough man hours to do one, doing multiple ones just seems
unreachable.

behdad