Re: GNOME 2.26 Showstopper Review

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

Andre I think there are some misunderstanding, or if not, I'm the one
misunderstanding :)

>> > Does GnomePrint no longer belong in the GNOME Desktop platform?
>
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyfive/Desktop#upcoming_deprecations

gnome-python-desktop "contains" the GnomePrint bindings, is not
"using" them, so I think it's not even worth discussing to remove them
from there, it's different than modules to be ported to GtkPrint,
there is nothing to port.

>> We've been trying to remove libgnomeprint* for quite some time now.
>> Tomboy has been ported this cycle, so the bindings are the last steps, I
>> believe.

Tomboy was "using" GnomePrint, the bindings provide the library, so
unless GnomePrint is not going to be shipped anymore there is no point
in talking about "porting".

>> > Does GnomeVFS no longer belong in the GNOME Developer platform?
>
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyfive/Platform#upcoming_deprecations

The same apply here, python bindings for gnomeVFS are included in
gnome-python so unless Gnome is not shipping it anymore as part of the
platform, both gnome-python and gnome-python-desktop are not "using"
GnomeVFS so there is really nothing to be done there.

cheers
--
Gian Mario Tagliaretti
GNOME Foundation member