Re: GNOME 2.26 Showstopper Review

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 21:41 +0100, Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
>
> Andre,
>
> > * http://live.gnome.org/GtkPrintPort :
> > gnome-games, gnome-python-desktop, gnome-devel-docs (update)
> >
> > * http://live.gnome.org/GioPort :
> > PATCHES: dasher
> > TODO: gnome-python-desktop, gnome-utils/gsearchtool

Correction: GnomeVFS bindings are in gnome-python, not
gnome-python-desktop.

> I don't think that gnome-python-desktop would need removing GtkPrint
> and gnomeVFS, it contains GnomePrint python bindings which cannot be
> removed and I cannot find any reference to GnomeVFS that needs to be
> removed.
>
> If I'm mistaking please correct me, cc'ing Gustavo for a better opinion.

I really don't know.

Does GnomePrint no longer belong in the GNOME Desktop platform?

Does GnomeVFS no longer belong in the GNOME Developer platform?

In case of Yes, would it be OK to keep the Python bindings where they
are and just mark them as deprecated?  Else they'd have to move into
gnome-python-extras, I guess...

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
"The universe is always one step beyond logic" -- Frank Herbert