Re: quo vadis, docs

Hi Tristan,
Tristan Van Berkom schrieb:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org> wrote:
> [...]
>> Amen. I've often felt developers should be required to document their
>> own UI changes :) Heck, simply asking 'what does this dialog mean'
>> would be useful a lot of the time...[1]
>
> Luis do you write software ?
>
> Not that its important that you do, but just to clarify the issue;
> "simply asking what does this dialog mean" in the long run usually means:
>    - Take a screen shot of the dialog
This is solveable. I execute all dialog in my software via unit tests on a
virtual framebuffer and take screenshots. This way by running "make check" I
have up-to-date screenshots. They are even scales to 75% as the doc-guide
recommend. Only the drop-scadow is rendered with imagemagic, as I am to lazy to
write that for the pixbuf. One more advantage of this is that you can easily
generate the screenshots even for different locales and/or themes.

>    - Open the html or whatever the docs are written in
I was wondering if it would help if we document dialogs in the code as special
comments as well (like we do for api) and use a gtk-doc a like approach to
extract them. That might not work for everything.

Stefan