Re: mailto: now all of a sudden necessary in DOAP file

On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 10:46 +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 00:58, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:

> >> That would be preferable.  At the moment it's not
> >> breaking anything that I know of.  For our internal
> >> tools, we can account for this hiccup.  But if other
> >> parts of the world consume these files, they might
> >> not understand it.
> >
> > Let's not put hacks in our tools barely a week after they're first
> > introduced, please?
> >
> Is it possible to put something in the pre-commit script that checks
> the doap file whenever there is a push to git.gnome.org and gives a
> warning when the doap file is not correct. Currently it only checks
> commits of a doap file. What I'm proposing is to do it for all
> commits. Otherwise existing incorrect doap files probably won't get
> updated

It's certainly easy enough to do - just commenting out a few lines that
check if the commit changed the doap file.

Undecided if that's a good thing. I don't quite like making people doing
something else have to stop and fix the mailto: URLs, but it would be a
more sure way of getting things fixed, at least for active modules.

Appended is a list of all modules with doap files failing validation as
of this morning.

- Owen

Must have at least one doap:maintainer property with a gnome:userid property
contacts
dates
gparted
libgconf-bridge
metacity
release-notes
sound-juicer
tasks

doap:category property should be one of the standard GNOME categories
contacts
dates
gnome-sound-theme
libgconf-bridge
sound-juicer
tasks

Invalid foaf:mbox property should be a mailto: URL
accerciser
alacarte
alleyoop
almanah