Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog

Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:
> Sysadmins and they take the decision if it worth an update/upgrade or
> when they should do it.

In theory, this is exactly what NEWS is supposed to be for. But looking
through the NEWS files for 2.26.1, I can see that for many packages
ChangeLog is vastly more useful for this than NEWS is (or at least, if
you only had NEWS, you'd have to do a lot of bugzilla lookups too).

At any rate (popping the stack) neither of these use cases would benefit
from having filenames listed in the ChangeLog entries, so I'm still
liking the command I posted before.

-- Dan