Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog
- From: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>
- To: Dan Winship <danw gnome org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, gnome-infrastructure <gnome-infrastructure gnome org>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Subject: Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:20:56 -0400
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Dan Winship <danw gnome org> wrote:
> So, actually, what exactly IS the use case of ChangeLog if there is git
> history on one end and NEWS on the other? Who are the people who need
> more information than NEWS gives, but who would not want to actually
> check out the source tree, and what information, exactly, do they need?
Generally its the tarball that is published and trusted, not the git repository.
The ChangeLog comes with the published tarball like an exported history,
for the use of anyone who receives the tarball (the NEWS is just a quick
resume of what happened in a release).
] [Thread Prev