Re: Testing dark themes and marking deprecated widgets

Am Dienstag, den 30.09.2008, 23:51 +0200 schrieb Matteo Settenvini:

> On mar, 2008-09-30 at 20:48 +0200, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
>

> > > More likely it will result in a bunch of "New Gnome theme
> > > is ugly" bug reports by people who, well, just don't know.
> >
> > Guess its a matter of communication.
> >
> > In worst case we have to find a way to prominently print "Beta Theme,
> > visit http://live.gnome.org/BetaTheme for information." over the
> > desktop?
> >

> There could always be space for a startup window in beta releases, with
> a checkbox like "Don't bug me again". It could contain release notes for
> betas. So people could know what to expect to be broken/changed, and a
> glimpse of the roadmap.
>
> Of course, these annoying startup windows should die before a stable
> release: we're not on Windows. They're just for users wanting to run on
> the bleeding edge, so to prevent a flood of "me-too" filed bugs.
>
> Just an idea, though. Feel free to drop it or make it better :-).

Not sure if its a good idea, but when going that route we could take
advantage of the web and make it a "Message of the day" (MOTD) fetched
from the web. When done right this MOTD application could be useful for
system administrators in  cooperate environments. Is there such an
application already?

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Openismus GmbH: http://www.openismus.com/