Re: Testing dark themes and marking deprecated widgets

On mar, 2008-09-30 at 20:48 +0200, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 30.09.2008, 08:24 -0500 schrieb Shaun McCance:
> > On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 14:02 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> > > 2008/9/30 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:

> > More likely it will result in a bunch of "New Gnome theme
> > is ugly" bug reports by people who, well, just don't know.
>
> Guess its a matter of communication.
>
> In worst case we have to find a way to prominently print "Beta Theme,
> visit http://live.gnome.org/BetaTheme for information." over the
> desktop?

There could always be space for a startup window in beta releases, with
a checkbox like "Don't bug me again". It could contain release notes for
betas. So people could know what to expect to be broken/changed, and a
glimpse of the roadmap.

Of course, these annoying startup windows should die before a stable
release: we're not on Windows. They're just for users wanting to run on
the bleeding edge, so to prevent a flood of "me-too" filed bugs.

Just an idea, though. Feel free to drop it or make it better :-).
Matteo