Re: DVCS

Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> Translations is often brought up as a tricky part for this, can we
> handle them in a way where they are agnostic to the VCS system the
> modules happen to be in.

We already have a lot of the logic; if you've got jhbuild set up,
"jhbuild update MODULENAME" will check out any module, getting the
correct branch from whatever VCS it happens to be in. We could make it
even easier. We could even make it possible to do basic commits from
"jhbuild". (You don't need to worry about creating branches and doing
merges and stuff if you're just checking out a clean tree, making some
changes, and then committing them.)

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Can we get away from central hosting on gnome.org servers?  Don't
> know.

The big problem here is that you lose the ability for translators to
commit directly to your repo. Which pretty much is going to have to mean
"you lose the translators".

-- Dan