Re: Silly wallpaper hack (or "get yourself a PlayStation 3")

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:

>>> Did you look at Soeren's code for fading backgrounds in 2.24?
>>
>> I remember the discussion but 2.24 does not seem to ship that feature
>> (or at least it is not discoverable here). Will look into it.
> Support for animated and multi-resolution backgrounds is in gnome-desktop 2.24.

Thanks for the links. It seems to solve a slightly different problem -
my proof of concept does not touch the images at all, it just allows
you to have the background color slowly change over time and you are
free to pick any wallpaper with transparency.

Also creating a color fading schedule for the whole year in this XML
format would be a pain in the back ;)

--
Patryk Zawadzki