Re: Silly wallpaper hack (or "get yourself a PlayStation 3")
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "Patryk Zawadzki" <patrys pld-linux org>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Subject: Re: Silly wallpaper hack (or "get yourself a PlayStation 3")
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:49:29 -0400
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 16:04 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
>>> I've grown to love the PS3's background fading feature so I've decided
>>> to give it a go for GNOME.
>>> What PS3 does is pick a color depending on the time of the year then
>>> slowly fade that color to black over the day.
>> Did you look at Soeren's code for fading backgrounds in 2.24?
> I remember the discussion but 2.24 does not seem to ship that feature
> (or at least it is not discoverable here). Will look into it.
Support for animated and multi-resolution backgrounds is in gnome-desktop 2.24.
Soeren wrote a bit about it e.g. here:
and I explained things here:
Hope that helps,
] [Thread Prev