Silly wallpaper hack (or "get yourself a PlayStation 3")

I've grown to love the PS3's background fading feature so I've decided
to give it a go for GNOME.

What PS3 does is pick a color depending on the time of the year then
slowly fade that color to black over the day.

See the attachment for a proof of concept implementation (just run it
and let it continue through your day). Sorry for bugging you guys here
but I don't have the time to create a proper patch for Nautilus (and
the Appearance capplet to let you pick "adjust over time" instead of
the "solid color" / "gradient") and I'm not on teh planets to spread
the love.

Hope you like it and someone finds time for a proper implementation.
The colors are taken verbatim from the PS3 but I think we could do
better with some Tango palette love. Making it part of Nautilus
shouldn't be a problem as it only wakes up once every 5 minutes.

Cheers ;)

--
Patryk Zawadzki