Re: new module proposal: notification-daemon+libnotify
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>, GNOME Desktop Developers Mailing List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com>
- Subject: Re: new module proposal: notification-daemon+libnotify
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:55:53 +0100
On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 09:37 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Martin Meyer <elreydetodo gmail com> wrote:
> > I sometimes miss my notifications too.. Would it be possible to
> > remember notifications that have come through until they are
> > explicitly acknowledged? We could bind some key to doing this, so that
> > you press that key when the notification is showing to acknowledge it.
> > For "missed" notifications, we could leave an icon in the notification
> > area. When you click that icon it might show you all the
> > unacknowledged notifications until clicked again. You'd probably need
> > some button on all the notices to mark them as "acknowledged".
> Some ideas for better handling of notifications can be found here:
it looks nice, but where would immediate-action-required notifications
be shown? Things like 'your battery is about to die'?
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
] [Thread Prev