Re: new module proposal: notification-daemon+libnotify

I sometimes miss my notifications too.. Would it be possible to
remember notifications that have come through until they are
explicitly acknowledged? We could bind some key to doing this, so that
you press that key when the notification is showing to acknowledge it.
For "missed" notifications, we could leave an icon in the notification
area. When you click that icon it might show you all the
unacknowledged notifications until clicked again. You'd probably need
some button on all the notices to mark them as "acknowledged".

As a user, there are many things I like to be notified in the way that
libnotification allows. There are also some notifications that you
won't care about missing, such as "now playing song X".  I think
notification daemon should be accepted, but I don't think it should be
used for critical notifications (i.e "your battery will explode in 25
seconds") unless there is some way of pulling up ones you missed.

For extra points, if the message says anything about parts about to
explode or catch fire, the daemon should generate a png to reiterate
this text and set it as your background :-)

Cheers,
Martin