Re: new module proposal: brasero

Am Montag, den 03.11.2008, 00:52 +0000 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 17:02 -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> > 2008/11/1 Philippe Rouquier <rouquier p wanadoo fr>
> >         Hi,
> >
> >         We'd be interested in having brasero integrated into the GNOME
> >         desktop.
> >

> > +1, a wonderful application. n-c-b should be completely removed.

I strongly disagree: Brasero is a nice application, but for my use of
CD/DVD recording this program is just too complicated. It's overkill for
just storing some files on DVD or copying an audio CD. I absolutely
_love_ the simplicity of n-c-b.

> Problem is it's a stand-alone application. It doesn't integrate with the
> workflow or usage pattern that we set out to achieve with
> nautilus-cd-burner.
>
> There's no shame in brasero _not_ being in the GNOME release. And it
> doesn't stop distributions shipping it if they feel that their users
> would want more features for CD burning.

I agree that more ambitious users need more powerful tools than NCB or
Serpentine. So what about this random idea: Let's use PackageKit to add
some "Install Brasero" button to the NCB window?

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Openismus GmbH: http://www.openismus.com/