Re: Quotation marks: Using =?UTF-8?B?4oCc4oCd?= instead of ""

> Honestly, other than being pedantic, I don't see the
> problem with UTF-8 in the C locale.  Does it cause
> any *actual* problems?  I've never once gotten a bug
> report against g-d-u about this.

Sort order, comparisons, printing, string lengths when using locale aware
functions, and no doubt a few more that for the moment have escaped me.

Use the tools to spec and you get reliable predictable results, do
otherwise and it all gets sloppy and buggy. Would you rely on undefined C
behaviour in Gnome code ?

The discussions about it being work are also bollocks (to use a fine bit
of en_GB). Make was invented to handle such trivial tasks for you.