Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

> Companies don't like GPL as they have to expose their IP and are
> afraid to loose money. If the library is LGPL they can still use the

I would disagree there. Most companies I deal with like the GPL because
it means that anything they do provide cannot be ripped off by the
competition - which is a real world problem with BSD and LGPL like
licenses. So the position you characterise is actually not general - and
I think is actually very 1990s

> about how much time would be required to throw out the GPL-infected
> code and replace it with LGPL, together with the time it would take to
> get permissions from the people who are not strict GPL-fanatics to

It strikes me that using words like "infected" and "fanatics" is not the
way to persuade people that you are anything but a troll and to have a
serious debate. A lot of contributors to projects actually don't think
random companies should be able to take and not give back.

Alan