Re: Need Leadership

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net> wrote:
On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 11:57 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> 2. The Giant Rift in the Gnome community over Mono has to end. I hate
> Mono as much as the next guy but it's quite apparent now that some
> really cool stuff with financial backing from Big Linux Distributor is
> not going away: Gnome Main Menu, Banshee, F-Spot, Beagle, Tomboy, etc.
> We have to get rid of the rift and bring the two diverging communities
> back together. Whatever damage that might incur in the minds of the
> Slashdot crowd has already been done--Gnome is perceived (rightly or
> wrongly) to be largley 'infested with Mono' in the minds of our
> critics. We cannot capitulate on this to appease a vocal minority of
> users that detest Mono. It's obvious it's not going away and, with a
> trivial amount of work, we can mend the rift by including the
> afore-mentioned mondules in our official releases. Let's just do it
> and move on with our lives.

I don't see what Gnome Main Menu is doing in your anti-Mono rant. Or
maybe you are and editing contributor of "BoycottNovell.com" and decided
to spread the misinformation here where people actually tend to know
what they are talking about.

 How does "this is really cool stuff" constitute an anti-Mono rant? You seem to have interpreted that paragraph as 100% opposite from what I wrote...

*frustration*