Re: Problem with intltool 0.40.0?

Le mardi 22 juillet 2008, à 13:27 -0400, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:14 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 17:01 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > >
> > > o Rename intltool to intltool2, allow parallel install with intltool 1
> > > o Add backwards compatibility support
> > > o Don't screw with minor build system things right now, and wait a year
> > >   or so until waf is widely deployed, then switch wholesale and gain
> > >   useful improvements instead of plugging a one small leak in the
> > >   sinking shell script mess of auto*
> >
> > Can the release team please advise on this? (for example mandate that
> > we're using intltool < 0.40 for 2.24). FWIW, the thread starts here
> >
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-July/msg00011.html
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> It's now been 12 days since I sent this mail and I've received no reply.
> Is it possible for the release team to advise on how to proceed on
> dealing with the incident of ABI breakage? Thank you.

Sorry, your mail was lost in the GUADEC black hole (at least for me).

Unfortunately, using intltool < 0.40 for 2.24 would be a big pain too,
since many modules already migrated for 2.23.4 a month ago.

I didn't think hard about all this, but I'd think that offering a
migration path for 6 months (making it possible to use the old way and
the new way) would be the best option.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.