Re: Problem with intltool 0.40.0?

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 14:58 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> David:
>
> So what does this mean?  Should all GNOME modules fix their top-level
> Makefile.am files, manpages, and other docs that refer to the need to
> add these generated files to EXTRA_DIST?  Or do we just not work with
> the latest intltool 0.40.0 for now until this issue gets fixed in
> intltool?
>
> Should this change be coordinated?  I assume that once this change
> happens that we won't support building on systems with older intltool.
> Kind of a drag.

o Rename intltool to intltool2, allow parallel install with intltool 1
o Add backwards compatibility support
o Don't screw with minor build system things right now, and wait a year
  or so until waf is widely deployed, then switch wholesale and gain
  useful improvements instead of plugging a one small leak in the
  sinking shell script mess of auto*