Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

2008-01-22 klockan 01:51 skrev Shaun McCance:
> On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 00:02 +0100, Marko Anastasov wrote:
> > On Jan 21, 2008 10:53 PM, Olav Vitters <ovitters gmail com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Eventually I'd like something like projects.apache.org. That is
> > > basically a frontend of the DOAP files. It shows latest releases, etc.
> > > Plus a link to the real homepage. This is also what was intended with
> > > the new www.gnome.org CMS (explained on the wiki link I gave earlier).
> >
> > What does everybody think about, in the long run, expanding this idea
> > of mimicing apache projects pages and having one page for each
> > module where all the "metadata" about the project will be nicely
> > presented (be it from DOAP files or the files we keep today),
> > with addition to summaries from recent activity on the mailing list
> > (eg latest posts, recent most active discussion), bugzilla (similar),
> > commits and with developers' blogs aggregated (perhaps showing
> > only those posts tagged with the name of the project to reduce noise).
> > That would then be a one stop overview of all development activity.
> >
> > Just an idea I got recently...
>
> That is exactly the sort of stuff that Pulse does.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/pulse/web/set/gnome-2-22-desktop

IMHO, this stuff should become something like "projects.gnome.org". That
would be seriously cool.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

you gotta hold on to something you believe       -- electric light orchestra