Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 09:49 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> Things that could use doap:
>  * moap (
>  * (
>  * Mango sync script (instead of /trunk/MAINTAINERS files)
>  * Bugzilla (cron job that updates e.g. homepage link)

I have not looked at DOAP in detail so sorry if I am saying something
silly or obvious, but a use case that I'd find *really* useful is
automated updating of latest version/download on a project homepage:

right now for the gedit website we create the version/download info
applying with xslt from a simple xml file[1], but if we could take this
from DOAP and DOAP was automagically updated by the install-module
script, we would have a always-up-to-date web page without any effort.