Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

2008-01-21 klockan 23:10 skrev Olav Vitters:
> 4. It is not as extensible as that Turtle/RDF format (main objection)..
>    e.g. with the mailing lists, at one point I might think about some field
>    that says 'this is the devel list'.. in the beginning I might just check
>    for something simple, e.g.
>    1 mailing list --> devel list
>    2+ mailing lists --> whatever has 'devel' in the name
>    fallback: 1st mentioned mailing list
>    but that logic might break down and could be too confusing (never sure
>    how it is parsed).

This issue can be easily solved by adding a custom property:

  (gnome:development-list, rdfs:subPropertyOf, doap:mailing-list)

This property then serves as a "specialization" of doap:mailing-list.

Things like "first mentioned" is not going to work in RDF---the description
is unordered after parsing (and serialization may print it in any order).

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

we'd drink and get high until late :: and now we're all alone     -- placebo