Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

On Jan 18, 2008 5:21 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 13:17 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> > I mean proper RDBMS. Once you get that in place you can generate
> > DOAP/RDF/XML/whatever on the fly with little to no effort.
> That's a nice idea. But it's easier for our developers to enter
> information into a file in svn than into a RDBMS. Even if there was a
> wonderful web interface, having it in svn makes it more likely that each
> svn module has up-to-date information. These are our habits and it's
> hard to change them.

Then use some easier to edit format (I don't really know, yaml?) and
do the parsing and generating behind the scenes. Kind of like GNOME
library works on its own, you just keep releasing. While DOAP is
certainly useful for computers, writing it by hand is as intuitive as
calling XMLRPC services using wget :)

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution