Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 12:04 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

> > <Project xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
> >          xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/";
> >          xmlns="http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#";>
> > [...]
>
> What are the real benefits of DOAP (sounds like "dope," nice)? If it's
> meant for machines to query against then a database would be more
> useful.

this would be a database. DOAP is a just a human/machine readable
storage for data, which gets parsed and used as the source for
generating other stuff, like project pages and checks like Olav
proposed.

> > if I'd say something about DOAP is that sometimes is overly verbose; but
> > it's quite descriptive and easy to parse/write, even by humans. most of
> > this data is not even meant to be changed often: the only sections that
> > changes regularly is the releases one - and that would be automagically
> > updated by the install-module script if I understood Olav's mail
> > correctly.
>
> Again, what is the use case for DOAP inside GNOME?

have you read the email Olav sent?

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--