Sound Theme/Naming Specifications proposal

I propose here a "Sound Theme Specification" on fdo. It is based
heavily on the "Icon Theme Specification" and still in
planning/requirements-gathering stage.
You should be able to read it via yelp:

git clone git://
yelp $PWD/sound-theme-spec/spec/sound-theme-spec.xml

The idea of having such a spec has been discussed in the past, and I
know someone did a similar work, but I cannot find it anymore..
Some definitions (about default formats/localization/sound
system/context/algorithm) are quite critical to get right and require
attention, review and agreement.

The "Sound Naming Specification" is a copy&paste of the Bango Project
[1]. I just found a Oxygen wiki page [2] with similar aim. The goal
here is to find a consensus for common requirement and sound naming

btw; no implementation exists using such a spec, of course

Marc-André Lureau